Municipal Finances and Citizen Perception on Local Services
Municipal Finances and Citizen Perception on Local Services project is supported by LevizAlbania, a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, SDC. The implementation period of project is 01/07/2019 – 30/06/2023.
The “Municipal Finances and Citizen Perception on Local Services” project main objective is to provide a complete picture of the status of local finances of Albanian municipalities in a periodical, structured and internationally comparable manner. The Local Finances Platform www.financatvendore.al offers disaggregated data (item-based and at the municipal level), ensuring a time series on local finances since 2010. Complementary to the quantitative information (the data), quarterly narrative reports and theme-based articles inform on developments in revenues and expenditures, achievements and challenges faced by municipalities in pursuing their mandated functions and competencies.
- To offer a reliable, methodologically sound source of information, to all stakeholders, including the municipalities, CSOs, citizens, academia, experts, media, etc., for improved planning and further detailed investigations into local governance issues.
- To enable local constituencies to influence municipality’s decisions on how public money is spent based on specific community’s priorities.
- To obtain an assessment of the citizen perception on local taxations, what drives their decision to pay or not to pay taxes, their perception of local services provided, and their willingness to pay for improved services. Exploring citizens’ perception of local taxation and local services, the driving factors, and tax compliance challenges at the local level enable the system improvement from a citizen perspective.
Call for Proposal
In the framework of the project “Municipal Finances and Citizen Perception on Local Services”, Co-PLAN is looking for an entity to engage in the implementation phase of a survey to be conducted in six predefined municipalities in Albania.
The entity is required to complete the following tasks:
- Administering of the questionnaire provided by Co-PLAN, in full compliance with Co-PLAN team instructions in 6 municipalities (total number of questionnaires to be completed 950).
- Conduct interviews with the necessary due diligence, according to predefined households part of the sample (dettailed maps will be provided) and based on the instructions received by Co-PLAN team;
- Deliver in Co-PLAN premises the filled questionnaires and other support materials at the end of the interviewing process. The questionnaire will be considered valid, if more than 80% of it is filled with necessary information.
- All materials are property of Co-PLAN, Institute for Habitat Development and therefore are not to be used or transmitted to third parties.
Deadline to submit Application: 4 October 2021
For more information read TOR here.